The B.Lo's Blog

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Now in Palo Alto

You know, leading this nomadic life isn't so bad. In the last two weeks I've been in Hong Kong, Los Angeles, San Diego, Mexico, and now Palo Alto. I gotta say that it's been a fun and very productive time since I've landed.

In the week following the wedding I've been able to hit the beach (Santa Monica beach), work on getting my old job back for four weeks (I start next Monday), see my siblings and my nieces (oh, they're adorable!), and travel Mexico (for the first time).

I must say my favorite meal in Mexico was when we were visiting La Bufadora (it's located on a small peninsula about 45 minutes south of Ensenada) and we had carne asada tacos for USD$1.00 each and then two bags of churros for $2.00 each. Oh, it was so good!

It was funny walking from the parking lot down to the site as we had to go through a street lined with different small shops. It was something like mainland China except the merchandise was way different. Instead of Chinese hats they had sombreroes, tacos instead of dim sum, and the colors and textiles, they're so different. A lot of silk in China but it's sturdy cotton in Mexico. I didn't even feel like I was in another country when I was in Mexico as I didn't even have to go through a border check like the rest of the world. I didn't need to stand before some passport control person as they slid my passport through a computer. Instead, I was sitting in a car and all I had to do was show my drivers license and say I'm a U.S. citizen and that was that. How odd. It doesn't even seem like an international border, at least not like the ones I've been through in the past.

My second day back in Palo Alto I got to see tons of family. It was way cool. 'Saw cousins from both sides of the family. Walked our cousin's dog, played in the park with the kiddies. It's so cool being around family again and being so close to them in distance. In fact, I'm going to go out and have lunch with one of those same cousins today. I am super blessed to have such a rock'n family.

I'll be starting up at the City of Palo Alto at my old job for the next month. I called them up before I arrived in the states asking if they could use any summer help and it turns out they do. So I'll be at my old job for four weeks and then I'll head down to LA for school. It's funny that I'm immediately going back to my old job after being gone for 2.5 years. It'll be like I never left. I'm really happy that some of my old co-workers are still there to hang out with. They're a real great bunch of people. So since I'll be working I won't be able to do all the traveling I was talking about before, which is a big bummer but I realize that I'm going to need some serious money for school.

Okay, I'm off to kick it with the fam!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home