The B.Lo's Blog

Sunday, August 21, 2005

Prayer works

Today a prayer of mine was answered: I got a car. Well, a car was loaned to me for the time I'll be here in Palo Alto. Nevertheless, I have a car. Last Wednesday, I was hanging out with a good friend of mine and she was telling me about how she's been praying more and seeing the fruits of those prayers. So I told her I was looking for a car now that I'm back but totally not willing to buy one just yet and that I was hoping for a real miracle in that God would hook me up with some wheels. So she said that she'd pray that I'd get a car before tomorrow (Monday, Sept 22).

This morning I went to church at Lord's Grace Christian Church, the church that I grew up in, and saw a lot of old friends. I was reminded that LGCC is a real home to me. It's a great place. After service I was chatting with an old friend and she asked how I was getting around and I told her that I didn't have any wheels. At which point, she offered to let me borrow her family's extra car. I was like, "Yeah! I'd love to!" So I'm all set for the next four weeks.

Ever since I told my friend about my car need I've been wondering if the Lord'd hook it up for me. 'Wondering if He'd gimme a car or not. But I had a feeling He'd bring me something and He did and the Lord continues to show that He cares for his children. So praise the Lord!

Tomorrow, I start work at the City of Palo Alto and am returning to my old position. It's like I took a 2.5 year sabbatical from planning to work in a church and have returned. It'll be strange to return to the job that I was so unhappy in. Thankfully, it's only for four weeks. However, I am looking forward to being with some of my old co-workers. It'll be good to hang out with them again. And plus, I'll make some much needed money for school.

I'd really to love to hear any comments or questions that you may have from reading my weblog. Or even just leaving a little note that you've been here. I'm wondering if anyone actually reads this thing. But no pressure.

Peace be with you.

5 Comments:

  • Hey, BLO! Just read your blog today for the first time! So good to hear what's going on with you! It sounds like our lives are now reversed and you get to be the one enjoying San Diego, Mexico, Carls Jr, In N Out, etc. (Oh how I miss all that!) I'll always remember that you were our very first visitor in Thailand! Miss you!
    -Cindy

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Tue Aug 23, 02:26:00 AM PDT  

  • Hey Brian,
    Bob here. I've never blogged before-you're my first. Thanks for the blog note anyway and glad that you're becoming a productive member of CA society. Not much to say here at this point. Working away at a summer school course on Galatians and going out to see Zak and Tera over Labor Day in Calgary. Amy's working cleaning rooms for a seminary. Going to have lunch today with a HK ECCer-former, Bill Liu. See Rob Penner a bit and saw Yan Lau at his house last week. Good to see them.

    Yours,
    Bob

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Tue Aug 23, 07:17:00 AM PDT  

  • =) praise God for that provision! looking forward to seeing ya sometime in the bay!! =) I'm at work reading but mebbe I can comment more later - take care!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Tue Aug 23, 02:00:00 PM PDT  

  • Hey Brian! I missed all those goodbyes in HK - was travelling in the UK and LA (!) and NY. Great to see the other comments from different friends...especially Bob Jones! Thrilled to hear you are starting in Fuller soon. Heard it's tough but great! I'm sure you will have a phenomenal time there as the Lord open up your heart, mind and spirit. Enjoyed the time with you in HK - I have still to hear the other half of your story. Remember our impromtu lunch at the MC? KWEN

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Fri Aug 26, 03:33:00 AM PDT  

  • Thanks for sharing the blog w/me, Brian. I am glad to hear that youre doing well. I am also excited to hear that youre going to Fuller! I pray that all goes well w/you. Please visit us in Seattle if you're ever up here. It was so great seeing you in HK & thanks again for being so hospitable! Love the pic w/Rae & Elvin & Emily's wedding! Now it's your turn!

    Love,

    Celine

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Fri Sep 09, 11:39:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment



<< Home