The B.Lo's Blog

Friday, June 22, 2007

Clean Up & Move Out

The main purpose of our trip up north was for me to take an opportunity to spend an extended amount of time cleaning out my stuff from my old house in Palo Alto. I honestly did not think it was going to take long because I thought I had already cleaned out a bunch of stuff, before while I was living there and that I simply didn't have a whole lot. However, when I expressed these thoughts to my siblings they both said I had a ton of stuff left in the house. I didn't believe them until I began the endeavour.

In my closest use to be a bank of old shoe boxes that I thought belonged to my bro. I figured they were mostly his therefore, I wouldn't have to spend too much time of them. The first box I opened belonged to him. Ha ha! The second one I opened belonged to me. As did the third, fourth, fifth,...I had about eight boxes that belonged to me; filled with old letters and birthday cards dating back to my junior high days. I spent three mornings going through each and every piece of correspondence in those boxes. It was an emotional time reading the different letters from family and friends of old and people whom I've completely forgotten. After I finished reading each letter, I sadly placed them into the rubbish bin. It was sad. But practically speaking, I just couldn't hang onto all of these things and cart them around with me wherever we lived. So I had to toss them. In the end, I saved only but a handful of letters.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home