The B.Lo's Blog

Monday, October 03, 2005

The Unbeknownst Transition

I've made it through my first week of class at Fuller and I have to say it went pretty well. Praise the Lord, I got all of the classes that I wanted! Before, I was enrolled in two classes and waitlisted for two other classes, the latter being the classes that I so desperately wanted. By the middle of the week I had found out that I got into my waitlisted classes. I was so happy! The Lord really heard my prayer and answered them. The classes I'm taking are: Grief, Loss, Death, and Dying, Christian Ethics, and (Old Testament) Writings.

This last week, I realize that I completely ignored my transition from Palo Alto down to Los Angeles. In the span of a six hour drive, I went from my hometown to a completely new city, school rather than working, making a long distance driving commute rather than taking a bus, and having to find and build a new community, and much more. I didn't think that moving down to LA would be such a big deal. I think one of the ways I've been dealing with this change is how I've become more and more introverted and have found it taking quite a lot energy to be with people. Some of my friends are really confused at my behavior. Honestly, so am I. I like to think it's because I'm dealing with lots of transition and am needing more down time. But I'm happy and am enjoying time to myself studying, reading, and getting acquainted with my new home and city.

That's the short of my week. Back to studying for me!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home