The B.Lo's Blog

Saturday, January 20, 2007

Honeymoon

The honeymoon got off to a rough start. It began with my continued flu that struck me the day before. Allison spent the duration of our lay over in Honolulu running back and forth from the restroom getting cold and wet paper towels to apply to forehead to bring down my spiking fever. She was determined to keep me together enough to get me to the condo, which she was able to do.

We landed in Maui and our woes continued. Our bags were delayed for three flights, we had some trouble sorting out our rental car but the worst of it was discovering Travelocity never confirmed our resort reservations without telling us nor telling us we had to confirm our arrangements. We weren't able to get anywhere after an hour and forty five minutes on the phone with Travelocity. Thankfully, we were able to secure a few nights at the resort we originally hoped to book.

We stayed at the Noelani Condominium Resort and enjoyed it there and I would recommend it as a place to stay. The staff is friendly and helpful. If you can afford it, get a deluxe place over the standard condominium because there's a difference in amenities that can make your stay even nicer. But the standard isn't bad either.

The next day, Allison began to come down with the flu I had that past weekend and simultaneously, I began to get well. We visited the local Kaiser clinic, got some meds and proceeded to stay in the condo for the next three days. This may sound sad but it's exactly what we needed. We didn't go anywhere, didn't do anything and we didn't feel like we needed to do anything or go anywhere. We just vegged and it was great! We started leaving our place on Thursday to hit the beach and go snorkeling.

Overall, it was good trip. I feel like our honeymoon was typical of other honeymoons I've heard about where things just go wrong. It's almost a given something will go wrong. In a sense, I feel like I've been initiated into the ranks of the married who experienced logistically messed up honeymoons. In the end, Allison and I were together, alone, resting, and enjoying each other; that's all we really needed.



Sunset dinner at Pacifico's Restaurant

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home