The B.Lo's Blog

Sunday, February 24, 2008

LA Kings 5K

We ran the LA Kings 5K for the second year in a row with Tim, Jason (Tim's friend from college) and Jennifer. Actually, this was my first time because I couldn't run last year because of a wart on my left foot that was inhibiting my ability to run. But not this year! Allison and I trained a little bit in preparation for this year's run by running between 3-9 miles a week and had goals for finishing times, 36 minutes and 30 minutes, respectively.

We arrived at the race with enough time to register and stretch. After the gun went off, I stayed with everyone else for about 15 steps before taking off and weaving my way through traffic to get ahead of as many people as possible. I was able to keep a steady pace throughout the whole race and sprinted over the last straightaway, except I started to run out of gas 50 meters before the finish line. I kinda misjudged the distance. In the end, I finished in 27:11 and Allison finished at 36:00. I was so stoked that I surpassed my expectations! I never thought running a race could be so exhilarating. I'm now looking forward to doing another race in the future.

Tim, Jennifer, Allison, and me at the Kings game that same afternoon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home