The B.Lo's Blog

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Today is the Feast of Purim & I've got two finals tomorrow!

I discovered today is the Feast of Purim. If you're not familiar with the Feast of Purim, it's the holiday the Jews celebrate because it was the day they were delivered from annihilation during the reign of Xerxes by the leadership of Queen Esther. You can read more about it in the book of Esther. It's a great story. Many great lessons of leadership in it and a great story about a great woman of the Bible.The feast is specifically mentioned in chapter 9. Did you know the book of Esther makes no mention of God?

Also, I've got two finals tomorrow: Pentateuch & Medieval and Reformation Church History. I don't think I've ever had to study so much before in my life. It's daunting. This time next week I will be completely finished with this quarter! I cannot wait!

2 Comments:

  • Thanks for accessing my blog and posting a comment. Now it is my turn. Tell me about this week of torment: I have a paper due in my Challenges of Religious Pluralism class Friday. It's on the theology of Lesslie Newbigin and very interesting, but I have to actually write the jolly (Bobism) thing! Aiya!

    Press on with the studies. Freedom from this affliction draweth nigh! Soon you'll be out on the high seas with your Boogie board! Rock on!

    Swallow

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Wed Mar 15, 08:14:00 AM PST  

  • Hi Brian... this is completely non-related, but I found you through Chris & Athania's site, and you look really familiar to me, but I can't figure out where I know you from (sorry, I have a REALLY bad memory). I'm thinking maybe you would remember better? Did you go to BAAYF camp? Or Sacramento Chinese Baptist? Chinese Grace?

    On another side note... I've been thinking of attending Fuller sometime in the far future. How do you like it there?

    Thanks, and have a great day...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Wed Mar 22, 12:31:00 AM PST  

Post a Comment



<< Home