The B.Lo's Blog

Monday, February 13, 2006

The Worst Exam of My Life

In the past, I've heard of people who would cry after extremely difficult exams and I could never understand why. Until today. I just took the hardest exam I've ever taken before in my whole entire academic life. It was in my Pentateuch class. I basically put in about 20 hours of studying this past week and still felt totally unprepared for the exam. The questions I felt were the most difficult on the study guide were the exact questions on the exam. With only ten minutes left in the test I basically gave up because my head hurt so much from thinking and trying to recall different facts and verses on people like Laban & Jacob, the order of Creation and their elements, the role of deception in the Pentateuchal narratives, and a host of other stuff I hope I got credit on. I hope I got half the points on that exam. And you know this is bad since I don't usually whine about how poorly I did on exams. I just can't believe how hard it was. I seriously wanted to cry afterwards. Oh, and whoopee for me, I still get to take the final in a few weeks. Lucky me.

And now, why am I here? Why am I spending and taking out loans of thousands of dollars per quarter to subject myself to such pain? Why did I return to America for this? I knew going back to school was going to be difficult and now it's turning out to be exactly as I had expected. I wasn't built to do school, I was built to work.

Thankfully, next quarter will be better. I'm taking only two classes and doing my internship. I look forward to be back in the working world (albeit as an intern) and working and talking with people. I just need to get through this quarter and my time of being back in school. Only a few more weeks.

3 Comments:

  • Hey bro...stay strong. I feel your pain and I have felt your pain! It's tough, but you'll get through it...and remember, it's all about God - so the knowledge you're getting will last forever. Grace abounds dude, so don't sweat the grades - just pass!

    Tim LaTour (that guy from ECC)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Fri Feb 17, 08:43:00 AM PST  

  • hi brian,
    I love you! God will take you through this quarter = )
    love,
    jennifer

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Mon Feb 20, 11:23:00 PM PST  

  • Hang in there dude. School is finite, finals are finite, but what you learn from the class/exam should stay with you for the rest of your life.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Fri Feb 24, 01:08:00 AM PST  

Post a Comment



<< Home