The B.Lo's Blog

Saturday, November 12, 2005

A Great Sabbath

Today, I had so much fun! Earlier this week, I decided that Satuday (today) was going to be my Sabbath. I was convicted in my Writings class when my professor briefly highlighted that it's still one of the Ten Commandments and we ought to take it just as seriously as we do the rest of the Commandments. So today, I really lived it up and rested/enjoyed!

The day started with our last sailing class. I have really loved this class and all that goes along with it. Our sailing mornings have always started out with these great breakfasts of eggs, sausage, bagels, juice, and coffee. It's totally great! I think I commented that I'm really going to miss sailing every Saturday morning and these breakfasts. This morning we were going to be tested on all that we had learned these last few weeks. Allison and I even spent about an hour the night before practicing the different knots and memorizing the different parts of boats and sailing.

The test began with rigging the boats, then taking a written test and finally sailing two courses. They all went really well and me, Mike and Allison all passed! Now we'll be able to check out 14' Capri boats. They each hold four people so I'm looking for people to take sailing now. If you're interested, let me know!

We concluded the lesson with learning how to upright a capsized boat. I was so excited for this because before this class I thought that once you capsized it would be a huge ordeal to upright it again. Apparently, it's not that hard. So now I know how to upright a capsized boat!

That afternoon, I went to the driving range with my friend to hit a few balls for about an hour and half. After that, I went to a USC vs. Washington State Women's Volleyball game. It was really exciting!

What a great day spent playing sports! Sailing in the morning, golf in the afternoon and volleyball at night. And to top it all off, I had Chinese food that night for dinner! Very cool!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home