The B.Lo's Blog

Monday, February 06, 2006

Mid-Quarter Time

I'm now in the middle of my second quarter and I am swamped with work. I'm taking four classes right now and I don't think I'll be making such a decision like this again because it's just turning out to be way too much.

However, I am very hopeful for next quarter. I recently got an internship with a local hospital to do an internship with the Spiritual Care team there. I'll be working with the hospital chaplain for the quarter learning what a hospital chapliancy is like. I'm super excited about this internship because I've been thinking a lot about chaplaincy as a career after I graduate from Fuller. I love the idea of being a pastor in place where the people I minister to are not all Christians. But I know it's going to be difficult because the patients there are facing serious things like sickness, life, and death. These are hard topics to confront and discuss. I hope to be someone who is available to listen and to help guide them through their questions. I can't wait for it!

Otherwise, I've just been studying. It's definitely not been as fun-filled as last quarter where I was sailing and having tons of fun on the weekends. This quarter I've definitely been trying to keep my head above water on the assignments. I was taking sailing at the beginning of this quarter but I injured my finger pretty bad the first day of class. It was enough to stop my sailing for these last few weeks. I look forward to starting back up again once I'm all healed up. And plus, the wind will really be blow'n as the spring and summer approaches!

2 Comments:

  • yo dude
    i'm registering for spring quarter the 17th. how freaky is that.
    oy
    hope your finger is better.
    welcome to the studying world!
    cept'. my workload is lighter than last quarter. so yay!
    = )
    love,
    jen

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Tue Feb 07, 08:18:00 PM PST  

  • hey b,
    just thought i'd check out your blog and saw that you had a reunion with mark, ling and becky in dec. I'm soooooo jealuous!!!
    hope all is well
    take care,
    allison (in canada)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Thu Feb 09, 08:34:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment



<< Home