The B.Lo's Blog

Sunday, November 20, 2005

Every nation, tribe, people...

Today, I was privileged to be a part of my classmate and friend's installation in a church whom he was taking over the pastorate. The neat thing about this whole thing was he's African-American and it's an African-American church. I was excited to be asked to be a part of such a wonderful occasion and in such a different set of circumstances than I usually find myself in.

I was really honored to be a part of an all African-American group of clergy participating in the ceremony. I got all dressed up in my Hong Kong suit, thick black framed glasses, and even got to sit with everyone else up in the chancel during the whole ceremony. It was so great! It was a great time of worship filled with great preaching, prayer, music, and fellowship. I was blessed being amongst a body of believers I've never found myself worshipping with in the past.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home